Use in parquet, furniture for interior decoration and interior fittings. This stain is formulated to spray without wiping. Specifically formulated for oak.
Hesse Antique Stain
HYDRO stains that are used as special stains to achieve an antique effect on porous or highly textured woods. Unique stain finishes can be obtained when combined with a WAV pre-stain, with which for instance you can create a weathered surface.DOWNLOAD DATA SHEET
- Antique stains that are easy to apply
- to achieve a weathered look to your wood surface
- System build-up using 2 stains
- Based on fine particle pigments
- For exclusive unique items
The wood must be dry, dust-free and grease-free.
After thorough drying, the stains are coated over using light stable Hesse PU or HYDRO lacquers.A natural wood coating such as DA 400-1, DE 42900-0003, or HDE 54500-0001 lends an unprocessed character. Complete drying must be guaranteed prior to recoating. Drying is delayed by low temperatures, reduced exchange of air, high humidity and large application amounts.
Comments on sanding
After thorough drying, the stains are coated over using light stable Hesse PU or HYDRO lacquers. A natural wood coating such as DA 400-1, DE 42900-0003, or HDE 54500-0001 lends an unprocessed character. Complete drying must be guaranteed prior to re-coating. Drying is delayed by low temperatures, reduced exchange of air, high humidity and large application amounts.
- Compressed air spraying
An even, slightly damp spray application without wiping. Once the WAV pre-stain has dried, sand it for effect with a 150 grit abrasive sponge until the hard growth rings are raised. Then spray with WA post-stain and lightly wipe it, depending on the desired effect. Substrate treatment: use Andalon brushes to deeply texture solid pine, knotty pine and spruce (possibly oak) or slip matched veneers that are a minimum of 0.7 mm, preferably 1 mm thickness. Stir stains well before and during processing. The stains can be thinned with water, if required.
- Trial staining of the original sanded wood with original lacquering should be carried out under real conditions.
- Only use stains from one batch for any one job. Do not pour soiled stains back into the original container.
- Clean tools with water immediately after use. Dried-on stain residue can be removed with thinners such as ZD 82.
Can be tinted with colour concentrates in the range: BP 30xx, BP 3570. All stains from the same range can be mixed with one another.
1 l, 5 l, 25 l
1 l, 5 l, 25 l